Product Development Lead
We are seeking a results-driven individual to serve in the role of Product Development Lead across the Profound Commerce portfolio of consumer brands.
As Product Development Lead, you will own the R&D and product development efforts for new SKUs at Profound Commerce across its portfolio of brands. You will work closely with our contract manufacturers, Finance, Marketing and Brand Management teams to create consumer products for sale on Amazon and beyond that our customers love.
The ideal person for this role has previously launched physical products into consumer markets, has an eye for detail (labeling requirements aren’t for the faint of heart), and has impeccable communication and project management skills. They have demonstrated an ability to be effective with finite resources.
- Manage the development of new SKUs that represent product line and brand extensions
- Co-create the business plan and product development briefs, in collaboration with portfolio brand managers
- Create the timelines, budgets, and define the resources required to launch SKUs in a timely manner
- Collaborate and communicate with contract manufacturers, Profound Commerce brand managers, marketing, operations and finance along the way
- Continually apprise stakeholders of product development efforts for each project in the portfolio.
- Make appropriate tradeoffs to product features, timelines and budget when issues arise, in conjunction with your stakeholders
- Perform QC on products coming off the factory line using vendors (and your own eyes, if you must)
- Work with our Philippines Lead to hire, manage and mentor a high-performing team of professionals (designers, engineers, analysts) in our Cebu City, Philippines office to help you execute against the R&D roadmap.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years experience in product development or project management
- Experience using some form of project management software (Asana, Basecamp, Excel spreadsheets, Monday, Trello, etc.)
- Bonus if you have prior experience working within the Amazon ecosystem.
- Bonus for fluency in Mandarin Chinese
- You are able to work in-person from our humble (but mighty) offices in South Austin, TX
This might be the greatest job ever if …
- You’ve launched virtual *and* physical customer experience before …
- You’ve launched a digital product, a physical product, and maybe even product that entails both!
- You have created and executed against a launch checklist that you’ve refined over time
- … crave the variety and agency that come with leading efforts of a company our scale …
- You embrace the phrase “generalist” to describe what you can do
- If you can’t corral internal help to get a project done, you do the work yourself, get a friend set up as a contractor, or find help on Fiverr.
- … and have the temperament that can thrive at our company
- You enjoy crafting and presenting arguments, and can disagree without being disagreeable
- An eye for detail in written and verbal communication
- If something needs fixing, you fix it.
About Profound Commerce
Profound Commerce is a fast-growing brand holding company that owns and operates a next generation portfolio of consumer products brands. Profound Commerce brands benefit from a superior marketing, operations and finance platform with seasoned e-commerce hands at its helm. Profound Commerce colleagues all share the desire to do the best work of their career, and value the way that their efforts directly impact the top and bottom lines of a business. If this matches with what you are looking for in your next role, come join us!
Connect with us on LinkedIn to learn more, or reach out directly: info at profound commerce dot com.