Performance Marketing Lead
Profound Commerce, a reputed acquirer and operator of e-commerce brands, is seeking a results-driven professional to serve as Performance Marketing Lead. They will be responsible for the launch, reporting, analysis and optimization of our paid advertising efforts across our portfolio of brands. They will work closely with SEO, Brand Management, Audience and Finance to profitably scale their assigned set of brands using Amazon Sponsored Brands, Sponsored Products, PDA, DSP and more.
The ideal person for this role is excited by the art and science of paid advertising, can translate data and insights into action, and communicates well on paper and in person. They understand that, even for e-commerce brands, effective paid media go hand-in-hand with earned and owned media to drive top-line growth. They have demonstrated an ability to be effective with finite resources.
- Launch and optimize Amazon and Off-Amazon PPC (pay-per-click) campaigns. Set up the campaign structure, research keywords, create the ad units, allocate budget, monitor and optimize through bid and keyword adjustments.
- Monitor campaign and brand performance against forecasts; when we deviate from plan, figure out how to get back on track.
- Collaborate with SEO team to improve organic rank on of assigned brands on Amazon. Monitor keyword rankings on Amazon using third party tools. In partnership with brand managers, implement paid campaigns when we rank degrades.
- Figure out ways to improve how we launch, measure and optimize our campaigns. This may involve process engineering, writing database queries, or technical documentation.
- Work closely with brand management, graphic designers and copywriters to make improvements to product pages — with the overall goal of improving organic Amazon position and contribution margin through effective targeted advertising spend.
- Work with our Philippines Lead to hire, manage and mentor a high-performing team of professionals (analysts, designers, copywriters) in our Cebu City, Philippines office to help you achieve performance marketing objectives.
- Keep up with all of the action in the Amazon Advertising ecosystem. When a new feature gets released, be the first to know. Communicate the business case to the brand managers.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Finance, Engineering, Economics or related quantitative discipline preferred
- Prior experience launching and optimizing performance marketing campaigns, e-commerce campaigns preferred
- Prior experience examining (lots of) data, drawing conclusions and making decisions.
- Prior experience running “experiments”. This role will entail generating hypotheses, designing experiments, measuring results, and scaling what is learned. We prefer candidates who have approached their work in this manner before.
- Numerical fluency. You need to be able to quickly do simple math in your head to estimate whether marketing campaigns are running profitably.
- Preferred prior experience running paid advertising campaigns
- Ability to work independently and make decisions without a lot of oversight.
- An impeccable attention to detail. Advanced spreadsheet skills.
- Ability to work in-person several times a week from our small (but mighty) offices in South Austin.
This might be a great fit for you if …
- You are numerically inclined …
- You enjoy ‘guesstimation’ exercises (e.g. how many gallons of paint to paint a jumbo jet, or more relevant: how much money does an Amazon seller with the #1 rank in a category make? #50?)
- Doing mental math doesn’t drain you, but energizes you.
- … with a bias towards action …
- When you decide that you want to do something, you *do* it.
- You’ve had feedback from prior managers that you’re great at managing projects to completion.
- … and you have a temperament that can thrive at our company
- You enjoy crafting and presenting arguments, and can disagree without being disagreeable
- An eye for detail in written and verbal communication
- If something needs fixing, you fix it.
About Profound Commerce
Profound Commerce is a fast-growing brand holding company that owns and operates a next generation portfolio of consumer products brands. Profound Commerce brands benefit from a superior marketing, operations and finance platform with seasoned e-commerce hands at its helm. Profound Commerce colleagues all share the desire to do the best work of their career, and value the way that their efforts directly impact the top and bottom lines of a business. If this matches with what you are looking for in your next role, come join us!
Connect with us on LinkedIn to learn more, or reach out directly: info at profound commerce dot com.