We are seeking a results-driven individual to serve in the role of Operations Lead across the Profound Commerce portfolio of consumer brands. We believe that superior results in e-commerce are attained by nailing the details, day-in and day-out. The operations function entails a litany of tasks that, when consistently done right, help us achieve superior results.
As Operations Lead, you will be responsible for the timely placement of Profound Commerce products on digital ‘shelves’ (we derive the majority of our revenue from Amazon). You’ll lead a team of analysts in monitoring operational SLAs. And, you’ll lead a team of customer service specialists in providing exceptional customer service on and off our marketplaces. You will work closely with our Finance, Marketing and Brand Management teams to coordinate inventory levels, escalate customer service issues, and provide decision support.
The ideal person for this role has led a global team spanning time zones. They have the detail orientation and urgency to fix issues when they arise (e.g. no inventory means no revenue). And, they have managed individuals with a diverse range of experience and talents. Like all Profound Commerce employees, they have demonstrated an ability to be effective with finite resources.
- Timely reordering of inventory from our manufacturing partners in the US and China. Based on demand forecast and factory lead times, negotiate pricing, place purchase orders and facilitate payment.
- Ensure manufacturing quality and efficiency: inspect goods, find areas of improvement, unit-level cost savings, and expand relationships with other manufacturing partners. This may involve attending trade shows, visiting factories in person and working with third-party consultants.
- Responsible for freight forwarding: coordinating and landing an appropriate quantity of products into the warehouses located in the countries where we operate (currently US, Canada, UK and EU).
- Management of warehousing activities performed in-house and by third parties. These activities may include receiving goods from factories, preparing shipments for inbounding into various marketplaces, handling customer returns, and ad-hoc projects to recartonize, kit or label products.
- Negotiate and manage relationships with third party logistics providers. Our third party logistics providers not only warehouse our goods — in some cases, they pick, pack and ship out products on behalf of orders placed outside of Amazon.
- Operate sales forecast models to determine proper inventory levels for fulfillment partners (e.g. Amazon FBA). Create, issue and track shipment requests from staging warehouses to fulfillment partners. Ensure adequate inventory levels for both domestic and international marketplaces.
- Hire, manage and mentor a team of customer service representatives in the US and Philippines to deliver an outstanding experience.
- You care about operational excellence and delivering great customer experiences.
- You have industry experience in retail or tech (Ecommerce experience is preferred).
- Prior experience managing a globally-distributed workforce
- Strong fluency with spreadsheets and inventory forecasting methods
- Strong attention to detail and project management skills
- Experience negotiating vendors contracts
- Bonus if you have prior experience working within the Amazon ecosystem.
- You are able to work In-person from our humble (but mighty) offices in South Austin, TX
This might be the greatest job ever if …
- You have delivered operational excellence at scale …
- You’ve built a high-performing globally distributed team before
- You have driven improvements by methodically documenting, measuring and optimizing processes
- … you’re interested in our stage of growth …
- Our business model and early success has been validated, and now need to prove that we can scale.
- To grow at our desired rate requires you to put in place processes that will help us improve our operational metrics.
- … and you have a temperament that can thrive at our company
- You enjoy crafting and presenting arguments, and can disagree without being disagreeable
- An eye for detail in written and verbal communication
- If something needs fixing, you fix it.
About Profound Commerce
Profound Commerce is a fast-growing brand holding company that owns and operates a next generation portfolio of consumer products brands. Profound Commerce brands benefit from a superior marketing, operations and finance platform with seasoned e-commerce hands at its helm. Profound Commerce colleagues all share the desire to do the best work of their career, and value the way that their efforts directly impact the top and bottom lines of a business. If this matches with what you are looking for in your next role, come join us!
Connect with us on LinkedIn to learn more, or reach out directly: info at profound commerce dot com.