We are seeking a seasoned finance professional to serve in the role of Finance Lead across the Profound Commerce portfolio consumer brands. Reporting to the CEO, the Finance Lead is responsible for managing all of Profound Commerce’s financial matters and is a critical member of the Leadership team. They will ensure Profound Commerce makes informed decisions by establishing forecasting, planning, variance analyses and capital management practices.
The ideal person for this role has previously established financial planning and analysis processes and controls at a middle market company and has worked for high-growth companies before. And, like all Profound Commerce employees, they have demonstrated an ability to be effective with finite resources.
- Ensure that financial information, analysis and reporting is accurate, timely, reliable and relevant, to assist the Board and Profound Commerce executive team in effectively performing their responsibilities.
- Develop financial models to support valuation, planning and forecasting — and provide analysis to help the organization make better financial decisions. Monitor variances to forecasts, and develop action plans to address variances in collaboration with Brand Management.
- Monitor and analyze financial metrics to ensure compliance with lender covenants
- Drive a quick and organized monthly close process that results in accurate and GAAP-compliant financials.
- Establish, monitor, and enforce a system of accounting policies and procedures that pass audits.
- In collaboration with an outside accounting vendor and internal employees, streamline accounting functions and operations.
- Manage tax payments with the help of a vendor for all affiliated companies.
- Run payroll, negotiate benefits and keep our employees paid in a timely manner.
- Manage our facilities — negotiating and paying rent, keeping office space one step ahead of headcount growth, managing warehouse and storage spend.
- Build a team of high-performing professionals in our Cebu City, Philippines office to manage FP&A, accounting and other ad-hoc functions.
- Bachelor’s degree required, finance or accounting degree preferred, CPA preferred
- You have industry experience in retail or tech (Ecommerce experience is preferred).
- Strong fluency with Excel; familiarity with data query/data management tools
- Experience as a Controller for a $50M+ entity or Assistant Controller for a $100M+ entity (size is preferred, Controller experience is required).
- An understanding of accounting system design and solid analytical skills.
- Skilled in strategic planning, budgeting, forecasting processes, and building complex models.
- Extensive experience building and scaling teams (in hyper-growth environments preferred). Experience build teams across geographies preferred.
- Strong process improvement and project management skills.
- A strong communicator: an ability to influence and persuade others, as well as handle difficult negotiations requiring a well-developed sense of strategy.
- Bonus if you have prior experience working within the Amazon ecosystem.
- You are able to work In-person from our humble (but mighty) offices in South Austin, TX
This might be the greatest job ever if …
- You’ve led Finance teams at a BigCo before …
- You understand that beneath the surface, Finance can be messy — you’ve built (and inherited somebody else’s) complex spreadsheets
- You have applied frameworks to making capital allocation decisions for working capital and investing capital
- … and are hungry to use your skills to make a meaningful difference in a smaller, higher growth setting …
- Finance as a ‘support’ function doesn’t appeal to you. You’re ready to use your skills to drive top and bottom-line improvements to a company
- … and you have a temperament that can thrive at our company
- You enjoy crafting and presenting arguments, and can disagree without being disagreeable
- An eye for detail in written and verbal communication
- If something needs fixing, you fix it.
About Profound Commerce
Profound Commerce is a fast-growing brand holding company that owns and operates a next generation portfolio of consumer products brands. Profound Commerce brands benefit from a superior marketing, operations and finance platform with seasoned e-commerce hands at its helm. Profound Commerce colleagues all share the desire to do the best work of their career, and value the way that their efforts directly impact the top and bottom lines of a business. If this matches with what you are looking for in your next role, come join us!
Connect with us on LinkedIn to learn more, or reach out directly: info at profound commerce dot com.