We are seeking a results-driven individual to serve in the role of Acquisitions Manager across the Profound Commerce portfolio consumer brands.
As Acquisitions Manager, you will help Profound Commerce grow through acquisitions of growing e-commerce brands. You will work closely with the Acquisition Lead, Marketing team and our Executive Team to develop a pipeline of high-potential e-commerce brands, through inbound and outbound efforts. You will nurture relationships with brand owners within your assigned geography and categories, with the eventual goal to identify brands that fit our acquisition criteria. You’ll structure deals, negotiate with entrepreneurs and run due diligence. With the support of your manager and other members of the Profound Commerce team, you will own the acquisition process end-to-end and have a direct and tangible impact on Profound Commerce’s growth.
The ideal person for this role has the temperament and skills to perform detail-oriented financial analysis and program management at a high speed. They may have interned or worked at an investment bank, private equity firm, or in the corporate development department of a larger firm.
- Vet target brands that come through Profound Commerce’s pipeline — evaluate them against initial screening criteria, perform outreach to and/or nurture interest from sellers
- Build domain expertise in assigned categories. Understand the competitive landscape on and off Amazon: the nature of competitive rivalry within the category, how consumers in the category behave, the threat of substitutes or upstarts, and the bargaining power of suppliers.
- Perform financial and strategic diligence for brands and presenting them to the committee
- Negotiate and structure transactions that satisfy the seller’s objectives, while meeting Profound Commerce’s financial and operational constraints
- Build financial models as they relate to how a deal is structured — cash outlays, any performance based consideration, etc
- Set up partnerships with vendors and influencers to increase deal flow and drive inbound inquiries from e-commerce brand owners
- Assist as-needed in post-acquisition integration efforts
- Bachelor’s degree across any discipline. We want to see that you challenged yourself, demonstrated critical thinking skills, and learned how to make a great argument.
- 1+ years in investment banking, private equity, corporate development, management consulting, or in-house strategy
- Experience in some or all aspects of a financial transaction: financial modeling, negotiation, diligence and transaction close
- Prior experience performing and presenting quantitative and qualitative analyses.
- You are able to draft detailed documents quickly and accurately
- You have excellent presentation and communication skills, and can explain complicated concepts clearly, concisely, and to a variety of audiences.
- Bonus if you have prior experience working within the Amazon ecosystem.
- You are able to work In-person from our humble (but mighty) offices in South Austin, TX
This might be the greatest job ever if …
- You’re interested in the e-commerce Amazon ecosystem
- You are excited by the “Wild West” of e-commerce marketplace M&A
- You are ready to nurture and grow relationships within the Amazon entrepreneur community
- … you’re looking for an environment that will help you professionally grow …
- You appreciate the pace of an investment bank, but want to learn other parts of a business: Marketing, Operations, etc.
- You’re interested in the mentorship and guidance of business operators, not financiers.
- … and you have a temperament that can thrive at our company
- You enjoy crafting and presenting arguments, and can disagree without being disagreeable
- An eye for detail in written and verbal communication
- If something needs fixing, you fix it.
About Profound Commerce
Profound Commerce is a fast-growing brand holding company that owns and operates a next generation portfolio of consumer products brands. Profound Commerce brands benefit from a superior marketing, operations and finance platform with seasoned e-commerce hands at its helm. Profound Commerce colleagues all share the desire to do the best work of their career, and value the way that their efforts directly impact the top and bottom lines of a business. If this matches with what you are looking for in your next role, come join us!
Connect with us on LinkedIn to learn more, or reach out directly: info at profound commerce dot com.