We are seeking a results-driven individual to serve in the role of Acquisitions and Partnerships Lead across the Profound Commerce portfolio consumer brands.
As Acquisitions Lead, you will help Profound Commerce grow through acquisitions and partnerships. You will work closely with our Executive teams to acquire companies and strike partnerships that further our vision. You’ll identify targets for acquisition, structure deals, negotiate with entrepreneurs and run due diligence. You’ll develop relationships with key influencers and partners within the Amazon e-commerce ecosystem. You’ll have a direct and tangible impact on Profound Commerce’s growth.
The ideal person for this role has run deals before — either at an investment bank, a private equity firm or as part of an in-house corporate development team. They have managed the commercial, legal and financial due diligence process of a deal. And, they’ve done so while remaining unflappable, cool and collected (financial transactions can be stressful for sellers and buyers alike).
- Vetting target brands that come through Profound Commerce’s pipeline — evaluating them against initial screening criteria, doing outreach to and/or nurturing interest from sellers
- Performing financial and strategic diligence for brands and presenting them to the committee
- Negotiating and structuring transactions that satisfy the seller’s objectives, while meeting Profound Commerce’s financial and operational constraints
- Building financial models as they relate to how a deal is structured — cash outlays, any performance based consideration, etc
- Assist with equity and debt capital raising activities, as needed
- Building a team: hiring and mentoring junior members of the acquisitions team. Work with our Philippines Lead to hire, manage and mentor a high-performing team of professionals in our Cebu City, Philippines office to help you identify targets, contact and nurture potential sellers, and perform diligence.
- Develop industry expertise and relationships with vendors, partners and other players in the Amazon ecosystem — a business relationship today can be an acquisition referral tomorrow
- 3+ years in investment banking, private equity, corporate development, management consulting, or in-house strategy
- Experience in leading teams to execute a transaction: financial modeling, negotiation, diligence and transaction close
- You understand and can model the different ways to value a business
- Prior experience performing and presenting quantitative and qualitative analyses.
- You are able to draft detailed documents quickly and accurately
- You have excellent presentation and communication skills, and can explain complicated concepts clearly, concisely, and to a variety of audiences.
- Bonus if you have prior experience working within the Amazon ecosystem.
- You are able to work In-person from our humble (but mighty) offices in South Austin, TX
This might be the greatest job ever if …
- You’ve ‘run deals’ before in more traditional settings …
- You’ve put in place best practices when it comes to working an acquisition and diligence funnel
- … are excited by this new “asset class” …
- You are excited by the “Wild West” of e-commerce marketplace M&A
- You’re ready to structure great deals for sellers: providing them liquidity in life-changing amounts, while working within capital constraints
- You are ready to nurture and grow relationships within the Amazon entrepreneur community
- … and you have a temperament that can thrive at our company
- You enjoy crafting and presenting arguments, and can disagree without being disagreeable
- An eye for detail in written and verbal communication
- If something needs fixing, you fix it.
About Profound Commerce
Profound Commerce is a fast-growing brand holding company that owns and operates a next generation portfolio of consumer products brands. Profound Commerce brands benefit from a superior marketing, operations and finance platform with seasoned e-commerce hands at its helm. Profound Commerce colleagues all share the desire to do the best work of their career, and value the way that their efforts directly impact the top and bottom lines of a business. If this matches with what you are looking for in your next role, come join us!
Connect with us on LinkedIn to learn more, or reach out directly: info at profound commerce dot com.